Last modified on July 1, 2021
How often do you attach or receive sensitive documents as files or forms as an email attachment? Emails with file or form attachments face many delivery, processing, confidentiality and security challenges. Once you have attached a file to an email, you have to also surrender control over where this file is being stored on public networks and for how long. File version control is also lost.
DocuClix's objective is to make file and form collaboration easier, sharing more secure, and convenient for all participants.
DocuClix Data Center Security
Security starts with the data center that hosts application and file data.
- Facility is monitored by IP-DVR Cameras and Perimeter Fencing
- Biometric Scanners & Card Readers to access Facility
- Mantrap Entries to access Facility
- Servers are secured by Locking Cages and Cabinets
- Facility is monitored by In-house highly-trained security officers present 24/7/365
- The Facility applies best-in-class security processes and procedures and cutting-edge technology
- Datacenter participate in compliance validation programs such as ISO 27001, SOC 1 Type 2, SOC 2 Type 2, HIPAA, and PCI DSS
DocuClix File Storage Security
- Anonymous users of the DocuClix Editor can delete PDF Files at any time and DocuClix will not store a copy of the deleted File. Undeleted Files by anonymous users will be deleted after four hours from DocuClix after the anonymous session closed by the user via the DocuClix Editor Exit link or 'X' out from the browser tab.
- File owners can delete a Form or File at any time and DocuClix will not keep copies of deleted or backup files.
- File owners control File share and permission settings and can revoke them at any time.
- The data on Form Files provided by shared users is stored separately from the base PDF file. The data is combined with the base PDF file dynamically upon file load to either the DocuClix Editor or via a browser PDF view. A copy of a shared PDF file and the associated data will not display the data added by shared users via the DocuClix Editor.
- The added Form data to a DocuClix based Form Files is stored separately from the base PDF file. The data is combined with the base PDF file dynamically upon file load to either the DocuClix Editor or via a browser PDF view. Thus, the Form data added by any user cannot be associated for a given stored PDF Form file.
- A link to a base file cannot be accessed outside of DocuClix without valid user DocuClix credentials.
- Only approved or DocuClix classified personnel have access to DocuClix file storage servers.
- DocuClix servers are monitored by third party security professional to protect against vulnerability attacks.
- Additional file security measures are in development: File password protection. File Encryption. File Sync to local device.
File Delivery and Confidentiality Considerations
Traditional Email based file delivery, collaboration versus DocuClix based file editing, management and collaboration:
- Traditional email File attachment: As the email sender or email recipient of a file, how do you know whether the email with the file attachment did not land in a spam folder, thus is stored on an email application server? Even if the email with the attachment did not land in a spam folder, you do not know how long an attachment will be stored on a sender's or recipient email server. Furthermore, if you use public, free email platforms like gmail.com, outlook.com or yahoo.com, the content of the email body and the associated file attachments are most likely scanned, since these platforms are advertising based. File version control is difficult to control with an email based file shared platform. In a professional file sharing environment (government, legal, medical, etc.), an email based file collaboration is based on a one to one relationship (send and recipient) and in order to share files with other organization members, email forwarding would further compromise file security, version control and collaboration. Furthermore, if the member of the organization leaves and the email address becomes obsolete, files associated with this email address would become difficult to recover. DocuClix is an alternative to the ad-based revenue model of free email services like Gmail which actively scan your emails and attachments to deliver relevant ads to you online.
- DocuClix based file Delivery, collaboration: A File on DocuClix never leaves the server during editing, signing, and sharing. Thus, all the traditional email based file attachments security concerns listed above do not apply. The owner of the File has complete control on how long and with whom a DocuClix stored Form File is shared and whether the recipient can edit or only view a file. DocuClix uses email or text messages solely as means of notification, and does not attach the file nor the file content via email or text. This also ensures complete version control in a shared multi collaboration environment, something file email attachments cannot provide.
Trust Guard security scanning and site protection verification for PCI Standards, Malware, and SSL Protection.
Your information is secured through a Starfield Technologies® enabled 256 bit SSL encryption code between the DocuClix.com web servers and your browser. The DocuClix.com hardware servers are located at a non-disclosed, limited access, and highly bio-metric secured 24 hour monitored server location.